Monday, December 29, 2008

My Christmas Story

Monday, December 29, 2008



The Christmas of 2008 has been like a speeding bullet - I didn't even notice it's Christmas. I have been swallowed by my workload - audits, meetings and all the admin stuff that I need to deliver. They say Christmas is for children, so are fairy tales, that's why sleeping during the Christmas Eve gave me a sense of guiltless indulgence.

If things were lighter maybe I celebrated Christmas on a different mood, a blissful one. The splendor of the Yuletide Season didn't lift my spirit as I came to realize that these are all temporary. The bedlam of workload and saga of confrontations will be there as I'm in a temporary hiatus.

When it's 12AM, I skipped the traditional 'Noche Buena' because I gave in to my yearning - and that's Sleeping! I have forgone the most cherished and spectacular night of the year with my family to indulge in my slumber.

I have no regrets at all. It's a perfect gift that I could give to myself - a MUCH NEEDED REST!

This New Year however, I'll celebrate it differently. Enthused with hope, I will surely make it a New Year Celebration like no other. I will no longer be a SLEEPING BEAUTY, but a Snow White celebrating life in it's ethereal form. I'm hopping that all the ills and tribulations that I had will fizzle out just like the old year - 2008 that was!

No comments:

Post a Comment